Welcome to Zodiaque!

About Zodiaque: We use only 100% genuine essential oils, pressed from botanicals from all corners of the earth. No animal products, vegan friendly, cruelty free and eco friendly. Each batch created to order, and personalized according to your Zodiac Sign.




Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let's get PHILLY cooking, Ya'll!




My first job while attending college was working at a homeless shelter in San Diego, I learned some amazing things that I carry with me to this day.

One thing that stands out for me is that after working along side thousands of homeless families, for 5 years, was that my preconceived stereotypes were busted wide open.

I was shocked to learn that they weren't all drug addicts, alcoholics or lazy human beings, some were well educated, hard working people that had one bad stint after another roll them down so far in life that they couldn't get "up" without some major help.

I was sent a link to this video and it tugged at my heart strings, taking me back to years ago when I would share meals with the residents at the shelter.

WATCH the Broad Street VIDEO HERE


Around the dinner table is when REAL talk happened there, when the potential for real change and encouragement took place. Breaking bread with each other literally removes all social barriers and status and puts us all on equal ground which was the key to healing these broken spirits.




So today, do something that's good for YOUR health and wellness, GIVE, SHARE, INSPIRE others. And if you can't give, just re post this somewhere or tell a friend.

Let's get PHILLY COOKING, Ya'll!

Want more information?

Visit: Broad Street Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment